Internship Revenue and Rebate controlling
About the company
MMD is a wholly owned company of TPV established in 2009 through a brand license agreement with Philips. MMD exclusively markets and sells Philipsbranded LCD displays worldwide. By combining the Philips brand promise with TPV’s manufacturing expertise in displays, MMD uses a fast and focused approach to bringing innovative products to market. MMD serves worldwide markets from major regional offices including Amsterdam, Prague, Shanghai, Singapore, São Paulo and Fremont (EPI). Through its network of local sales teams MMD works with all major IT distributors and resellers. The company’s design and development center is located in Taiwan.
Amsterdam (The Netherlands) – We are seeking an enthusiastic Finance Intern to support our Philips and AOC Creative Department. As part of our in-house Finance team, you will be working both independently and collaboratively on Revenue and Rebate controlling tasks.
The intern’s job is divided into 3 main responsibilities, to support the revenue and rebate controller.
- In revenue and rebate team we need to control our process to follow up IFRS principle;
- Revenue Recognition (according to incoterm(timing) and specific items)
- Rebate contract controlling
- Rebate purpose reclassification
- Rebate recognition process
- Auditing process and Internal controlling (NL GAAP and IFRS);
- Preparing auditor’s sample test and improve the internal process
- Self-evaluate the internal process in Revenue and rebate
- Supporting the RCM and C-SOX process
- Monthly report;
- Rebate items tracking (accrual and actual spending)
- Sales contract or agreement condition and items reviewing
- Monthly sales report preparation
- IFRS adjustment report( IFRS5/16)
What we can offer you
- Fulltime, broad and hands-on internship of 5- 6 months, start date Feb 2023
- Work location in Amsterdam (next to Amstel station)
- A dynamic and international working environment in an innovative business
- Excellent opportunities to further develop and room for own initiative
- Monthly internship allowance
- Travel allowance
- Bachelor/Master Finance/Accountancy
- Microsoft Excel and accounting principles knowledge is required.
- Availability of 5-6 months (start in January or February 2023)
- Be enrolled as a student at a European college or university.
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, and you’ve got what it takes to be a great Revenue and Rebate controller, then apply today.
- Your English CV
- A short motivation
Please contact Monique Manger (Corporate Recruiter) at email@example.com (please include your CV and a portfolio)
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy posting is not appreciated.