MMD Monitors & Displays / AOC – Logistics Specialist -Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
About the company
MMD is a wholly owned company of TPV established in 2009 through a brand license agreement with Philips. MMD exclusively markets and sells Philipsbranded LCD displays worldwide. By combining the Philips brand promise with TPV’s manufacturing expertise in displays, MMD uses a fast and focused approach to bringing innovative products to market. MMD serves worldwide markets from major regional offices including Amsterdam, Prague, Shanghai, Singapore, São Paulo and Fremont (EPI). Through its network of local sales teams MMD works with all major IT distributors and resellers. The company’s design and development center is located in Taiwan.
- Responsible for the coordination of the inbound process “post-purchasing” from departure to inbound booking
- Maintaining a near perfect stock accuracy score by overseeing daily control processes
- Track the inbound document flow with end-goal to distribute to correct stakeholders
- Manage vendor invoices through e-flow, whilst adhering to strict sign off criteria
- Ensure a smooth administrative flow for material returns
- Maintaining and updating the vessel reports with HQ counterparts
- Act as a link between planning and orderdesk regarding stock availability and availability to promise
- Monitor inventory levels and actively steer corrective action plan with regards to Excess and Aging stock
- Lead or contribute to projects related to logistics
- Ensure minimum stock levels of cables are not surpassed and action taken when and if needed
- Act as a go-between for any outbound document related blockages between TRA, Sales Region & Customer
Coordination of airfreights for urgent market requests from initiation > benchmark > HQ Alignment (if needed) > dispatch > arrival
- Maintain and update the vessel report in aligment with HQ counterparts
- Update the ASN Database in accordance with the weekly vessel report, whilst not blocking the workflow of orderdesk
- Monitor supply status and align with orderdesk on detailed timing of supplies, prioritization.
- Coordinate on time documentation and liasise between local brokers – WHS & HQ Factories
- Ensure cable stock is never below minimum and ensure best prices with TPV approved vendors
- Monitor aging stock in coordance with the planning team and process accordingly
- Input vendor invoices into e-flow, taking into account the approval process. (benchmark – signed pricelist)
- Coordinate material returns with WHS and register this in SF.Com to track accountability and progress
- Perform daily stock comparisons to ensure stock accuracy is not lower then 99%.
Manages local/regional improvement initiatives and projects related to logistics or assigned to by operations manager
Placement in the Organization
- Reports to Operations & Logistics Manager in Amsterdam. Interactions with: Local & EU Sales, AMS business management, Central demand and supply planning team, Factory, DC organization Gorzow & AMS Orderdesk, FA, Marcom, domestic & foreign vendors & HQ counterparts
- Bachelor level education in Business Administration or Logistics/SCM focus or has reached this level through another form of trainging or experience.
- Ability to function within a small initial team – but a large overall multicultural team
- 5+ years experience in a Sales and operations planning function. FMCG is a pre.
- Excellent communication skills spanning all businss layers
- Fluent in English (verbal and written). Speaking Mandarin is a big plus
- Analytical, strong problem solving skills in a very dynamic environment.
- Feeling for multi-cultural environment
- SAP and MS Excel skills
- Self starter, self supportive and highly stress resistant.
Excellent process mapping skills and ability to locate constraints
- Montitor and analyze constraint processes with the ability to allocate, present, and implement improvement
- Discussion partner for global MNT Logistics to asses potential market changes
Explain/present business result and business outlook (volume related) to senior management
- ASN Accuracy & On Time accuracy
- On time document flow
- Stock accuracy
- Vendor payment accuracy
- Logistics process adherance
- Process creation
- Cable demand availability & write off
- Stock confirmation accuracy & write off